[Foundation-l] Strategy document?

John at Darkstar vacuum at jeb.no
Fri Oct 3 19:23:18 UTC 2008

Somehow I believe we have enough developers (!) but we have a lack of
community support of them. ;)

You have a lot of good points, especially on the deletion process. It
work from our side, but probably not from the newbie's side.

I think good ideas somehow isn't enough because the community somehow
stick to the ideas they know. How to initiate an open discussion, well I
don't know. Perhaps some discussion pages, but not on a technical place,
the users we want input from are to easily scared away. People without a
technical background won't discuss technical issues, and developers has
difficulty to address other about technical matters. Not to mention hmi
isn't a developers strongest capability, the interactions tend to be to
complex because "it's easy!"

Of the things you mention I think the deletion process is the single
most important thing because I suspects we are loosing contributors
because of this. It has both to do with the deletion process and the
lack of possibility to test how things work. Turned around I believe
that a users contribution should go to a temp area until he finishes,
and then he should still have a link to his contribution if it is refused.

JOhn