[Foundation-l] Agenda for October board meeting

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Wed Oct 1 20:37:24 UTC 2008

Florence Devouard wrote:
> True. Well, primarily, it was an email sent to this list. And signed Ant.
>
> If you look at my past emails, you will notice that when I signed ant,
> or Anthere or Florence, it was *me*. When I signed my full name and
> added "chair of the board", that was chair of the board. I also remember
> the topic was discussed.
>
> This said, now, the habit is to post messages on the blog rather than on
> the website itself. As far as I can say, no board member has ever posted
> there. It'll be interesting to see whether a message from a board member
> will be considered "board" or "person".

Yes, I noticed that. But not all people note that. I normally repeat
"personnally I think", which makes my mails no good literate. But I am
not going to win Nobel price for literature anyway :-))

> Well, good luck and I'll be happy to read your opinions anytime you feel
> like providing them. In case you did not notice, I love debating ;-)

I am more the sort of people who are quiet. But I will make my mouth
open if I think it is necessary :-)

> Do you feel like pushing your name to be the board representative on the
> chapcom ? Feel like mentionning the topic this week end ? Have a safe trip.

I am not sure. Basically I am very interested in the development of the
chapters. And at the moment I am very concerned about the the process
for the chapter elected seates and about the further development of the
relations between the foundation and the chapters. I think these are
very important processes and it is a pity that at this moment we don't
have chapter elected trustees who can aptly represent the chapters in
these issues. On the otherside, I am not really based in the chapters. I
believe we will discuss this issue at the weekend any way and so I would
suggest that we wait at first until that discussion is over. If no one
want to take the responsibility I would take the charge, yes.

Ting