[Foundation-l] Trademarks

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Wed Nov 26 05:55:50 UTC 2008

George Herbert wrote:
> I don't want Wikipedia being used to sell Coffee, or shares in Citibank.

On a lighter note, have no fear about the latter - obviously the only
thing capable of selling shares in Citi right now is a massive
government bailout. Our little brand would hardly make a dent.

The point is well taken, though. As I indicated earlier, our trademark
strategy is subservient to our larger mission. Trademark licensing that
is purely commercial with no other benefit is not the direction we want
to go.

--Michael Snow