[Foundation-l] A local chapter without Wikimedians

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 16:37:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 5.     So far, no legal entity has been created and there is no such a group
>> of Wikimedia representatives.
>
> That's an interesting point that we seemed to be missing.

Yes. I somehow thought that Wikimedia Brasil had been incorporated
between ChapCom approval.

> This is all
> just at the planning stage so far? I don't see that we have any
> serious problem then, this dispute simply means that more time needs
> to be spent discussing the bylaws and achieving a consensus on them
> before things move forwards (it's unfortunate that they were sent to
> ChapCom before this was achieved, but it's not the end of the world,
> you can start the process with ChapCom again from scratch if you need
> to, I'm sure they won't mind).

Absolutely. Nota: The approval has already been granted, so if we
determine that the entire committee is fine with the changes, we do
not need to formally vote on it again and neither does the board.
(If part of the committee is not happy, then we'd have to have an
internal vote whether we shall issue a de-recommendation resolution,
this being the only step we can take if discussion with the chapter
fails, but this is highly unlikely)

So, it will just be ChapCom looking at it again and determining if it
sees problems with it and possibly getting in touch with the chapter
again, offering comments.

Michael

--
Michael Bimmler