[Foundation-l] wikipedia.de shut down

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Wed Nov 19 19:03:00 UTC 2008

Yes, I totally agree with Ziko.

The article about Heilmann do had contents that are very questionable.
There were content that are not proved and that are now removed, that
must be removed according to our rule of living people biographies.

Heilmann complained through his lawyer at first by WikiMedia
Deutschland. The chapter answered him that it is not responsible for the
content on Wikipedia and they would do nothing. I agree with the first
part of the answer, but I disagree with the second part. I think someone
should have taken a glance at the complain. If that was done at that
time, the whole thing would not have happend. And I disagree with people
who are now happen about the surge in fundraising. This is not our way.
The case was not so black and white and on the long term it can backfire
on us.

Our content can ruin people. If someone complains about his biography,
by OTRS or by a chapter or on village pump or in mailing-list, we should
take a look at it and not just ignore it.

Ting