[Foundation-l] Explanation related to the license migration needed

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 15:51:18 UTC 2008

I am making now one site (about pseudoscience) which I want to
double-license, so materials may be used in the future at Wikipedia.
As it is my site, I may make whichever, partial licensing, but I
realized that there is one very stupid problem for which I think that
answer exists, but I would like to hear your (and, especially, Mike's
opinion):

I want to import some Wikipedia materials. Usually, it would be
translations from the Wikipedia in English in Serbian. (For all other
materials I am explicitly asking for double licensing [otherwise, I
wouldn't import them], so this is not a problem.) But, if I import
Wikipedia materials *now*, I may do it only by licensing it under
GFDL. Again, this is not problem related to my site, because I may
declare that such pages are GFDL-only. However, I want to allow that
derivative works from such pages may be used on Wikipedia (in
Serbian), again.

My common sense explanation would be that I may keep such pages
temporary as GFDL-only and to allow GFDL/CC-BY-SA after Wikipedia
switch to double licensing. But, I am not a lawyer and I am wondering
is it possible to interpret the whole licensing process like that.