[Foundation-l] [Wikipedia-l] mo.wikipedia.org when will you stop making joke of us ?

Marcus Buck me at marcusbuck.org
Fri Nov 14 00:03:54 UTC 2008

Mark Williamson hett schreven:
> It would be quite simple. Theoretically, it could be a tab at
> ro.wiki.......... but politically that seems unlikely to garner
> approval from ro.wikipedians.
>
> Mark

How many percent of the Moldovan or Transnistrian population or how many
people in absolute numbers are able to read Cyrillic, but are completely
unable to read Latin script?

If that number is "non-marginal", we should provide Cyrillic.

If it is not allowed to write articles in Cyrillic (so only conversion
from Latin to Cyrillic and not the other way round) and if the
conversion button is deactivated by default, but if it is possible to
activate the "show Cyrillic script" button by a gadget and if there is a
little box on the Main Page describing (in Cyrillic) how to activate the
gadget, I guess that should be a solution with which the Latin Romanians
can live and which should enable all Cyrillic-only users to at least
read the Wikipedia.

Marcus Buck