[Foundation-l] Donation banner and strongly negative reactions

Al Tally majorly.wiki at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 7 16:01:42 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hoi,
> With all respect, on the English Wikipedia there is a gadget that allows
> signed in users to disable the fund raising banner. So what is the issue ?
>
> When people take an interest in what Mr Wool has to say, they should in my
> opinion look into what Mr Wool says and how he says it. When he was to
> write
> a Wikipedia article it would be deleted because of the negative and
> extremely non-neutral point of view. I would invite the people who take Mr
> Wool seriously to go to his blog and analyse his tone and his message. Once
> this is done and they are still inclined not to support the WMF, I would
> shrug and consider it their right to do as they please.
>
>  As to negative reactions to the fund raiser, they are a tradition.
> Thanks,
>       GerardM

And what about anonymous users who donate? We should have to go to some
gadget to disable it - it should hide when hide is clicked.

I've never seen reactions this bad. If the WMF really expect to get as much
as they're hoping for, they really ought to do something about this.

--
Alex
(User:Majorly)