[Foundation-l] Donation banner and strongly negative reactions

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 15:58:22 UTC 2008

Hoi,
With all respect, on the English Wikipedia there is a gadget that allows
signed in users to disable the fund raising banner. So what is the issue ?

When people take an interest in what Mr Wool has to say, they should in my
opinion look into what Mr Wool says and how he says it. When he was to write
a Wikipedia article it would be deleted because of the negative and
extremely non-neutral point of view. I would invite the people who take Mr
Wool seriously to go to his blog and analyse his tone and his message. Once
this is done and they are still inclined not to support the WMF, I would
shrug and consider it their right to do as they please.

 As to negative reactions to the fund raiser, they are a tradition.
Thanks,
       GerardM