[Foundation-l] Suggestions for GFDL-CC harmonization FAQ

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 23:17:34 UTC 2008

2008/11/5 Mike Godwin <mgodwin at wikimedia.org>:

> Dear folks,
>
> I'm going to try to develop an FAQ regarding the latest developments
> on the GFDL-Creative Commons harmonization project.  What I'd like
> from you is suggestions about what kinds of questions need to be
> answered for people who are planning to vote on the license-migration
> issue.  (Then I'll try to craft answers to them -- with the help of
> other folks of course.)  I'm not interested only in the questions that
> you may feel haven't been answered yet, but also in questions that you
> do have answers to, but think other people will be curious about as
> well.
>
> Please feel free to send responses to me via this list (your submitted
> questions may inspire other people to write some) or (if you like) to
> me via private e-mail.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
>

> --Mike Godwin
> General Counsel
> Wikimedia Foundation

==questions other people want to know the answer to==

1)Is this part of a plot against the FSF by Creative Common zealots
(or words to that effect probably want to rephrase that one. Worth
mentioning that this is probably more WMF driven than CC)?

2)Does this weaken the guarantees on the GPL that the FSF will not
compromise it's principles?

3)What about new material added to wikipedia after nov 1st (yes I know
that answer but appears to be a common mistake)?

4)why did wikipedia go for GFDL in the first place?

==probably going to come up==

5)Will the average user notice any difference?

6)Will editors have to do anything different?

7)aside from the vote will editors have to do anything to make the
changeover happen?

==What I want to know==

8)Has there been any contact between Art Libre and CC over moveing
towards a final "grand unified free license"?

--
geni