[Foundation-l] GNU FDL 1.3 released!

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 16:37:38 UTC 2008

2008/11/3 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:

> Ok, that's marginally better. We don't need to delete everything
> posted in the past 2 days (and the subsequent time until we decide
> whether or not to switch) we just have to scour through it all and
> delete those parts that weren't originally posted to whatever project
> you're on - that includes anything transwikied and anything
> translated.

Why does translation and transwikiing prove a problem? It seems
entirely reasonable to treat the entire complex of Wikimedia GFDL
wikis as a single "group" for the purpose of this license - we already
do this with GFDL 1.2, as people happily say things like "see the edit
history on fr.wp for original authors"

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk