[Foundation-l] Proposals for the first global roles

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Fri May 30 08:17:14 UTC 2008

Let's try to resume previous discussions. Proposals for the first set
of global roles are:

* Global bot flag for interwiki bots. This flag may be used only for
non-controversial actions, like interwikis and user space pages are.
* Anti-vandal fighters. They should have the next possibilities:
** Rollback
** Undelete. I submitted a bug at Bugzilla with ask for making
permission "undelete if I deleted"; when/if such permission would be
implemented, undelte privilege should be substituted with this
privilege; it is obvious that undelete is needed only in the case when
page is deleted by accident.
** Block user (global) permission is not necessary, but it would be
better that anti-vandal fighter are taking care about vandals, not
stewards (while stewards are able to do so, too).
** Anti-vandal fighters would be elected in the similar manner like
Meta administrators: they would nominate themselves whenever and
voting will last something like 7 days.
* Meta bureaucrats
** Meta bureaucrats exist and I realized that there is no need for one
more role for "global bureaucrats".
** Meta bureaucrats would be able to give global bot flag as well as
to give anti-vandal group to the elected contributor.
** Meta bureaucrats should be able to take care about SUL accounts, too.
** Their election process wouldn't be changed. However, note that we
will need more meta bureaucrats.

If there are not serious objections about those proposals, I'll
formulate more precise draft of rights and responsibilities for new
and new-old roles and send it here for further discussion.