[Foundation-l] Scholarships for wikimania

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu May 29 17:06:16 UTC 2008

White Cat wrote:
> What is the status of scholarships of 2008 Wikimania? Egypt is a touristic
> hotspot so people will not be neither able to find hotel rooms nor plane
> tickets if this is delayed any more.
>
> Wikimania does not want to be a filthy rich-only club. :P
The hotel options connected with the registration are quite reasonable.
As I understand it, this is not the peak season for tourism in Egypt,
and hotel costs beyond the time required for Wikimania should not
covered by scholarships. If you want to take advantage of being in Egypt
do a little tourism, as most of us would consider doing, those would be
your costs.

I haven't been involved in scholarship issues, but it would seem to me
that for this Wikimania a priority for visitors from Africa would make
sense.

Ec