[Foundation-l] "seeall" privilege Was Fwd: [WL-News] Wikimedia Foundation in dangeroflosing immunity under the Communications Decency Act

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Thu May 22 14:17:01 UTC 2008

> Are there any circumstances where someone could be elected to a project
> ArbCom without sysop? Should they then have this privilege?
>
> Who should be permitted to grant the privilege? Bureaucrats, or just
> stewards?

For the record, on ru.wp current arbcom there are three sysops and two
members who are not sysops. We have never had a sysop-only arbcom so far.
(The arbcom members are respected members of the community, and they would
be elected if they decide to stand for sysop, but apparently they do not
want to).

Cheers
Yaroslav