[Foundation-l] Fwd: [WikiEN-l] Bot policy for all wikis

White Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Thu May 29 08:26:14 UTC 2008

Like I said what you are saying is an issue to be sorted out with the
developers of interwiki.py at the pywikipediabot bugzilla. You can link to
the discussion at pywikipediabot bugzilla. What ja.wikipedia or en.wikipedia
or tr.wikipedia agrees on a discrete sub page in a language the bot operator
does not know is not very helpful. Via SVN that change can be applied to
each and every running instance of interwiki.py.

The idea behind this proposal is to set a standard so both communities and
bot operators take a deep breath from the bureaucracy and instead focus on
the actual work.

Any unnecessary restrictions should be lifted.

    - White Cat