[Foundation-l] Fwd: [WikiEN-l] Bot policy for all wikis

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Thu May 29 13:26:42 UTC 2008

2008/5/29 Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com>:
> Please read my original e-mail, where I said I'm not aware of
> up-to-date information, but I remember participating in a vote at
> en.wp where sorting by code won overwhelmingly.

So? You remember participating in a vote... I know of one such vote,
which is not overwhelming (63 against 53 for using the codes), and
which actually went the other way for the first 1.5 years of its
running. Either get the English Wikipedia to MAKE THE DECISION or STOP
COMPLAINING about people not following a decision THAT DOES NOT EXIST.
The current language order in the bot was done that way because we
were told to do so by the English Wikipedia. I'd happily change it,
but THE DECISION IS UP TO THE ENGLISH WIKIPEDIA, NOT TO YOU.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644 -- Skype: a_engels