[Foundation-l] Fwd: [WikiEN-l] Bot policy for all wikis

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Thu May 29 09:20:51 UTC 2008

2008/5/28 Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com>:
> I do think it's unacceptable that Interwiki bots go in and change the
> order of interwikis against the agreed-upon orders at each Wiki.
>
> I remember a while back, we agreed on en.wp to order interwiki links
> by code, and it seems that the bots never cared - ja: always came
> after nl: rather than after it:. I'm not sure if a different policy
> has been decided since then, but bots have always been oblivious, it
> seems.

Maybe you should have *shock* told us? Long time ago en: decided to
use alphabetically by language name. So the bot programmers
implemented that. Since then, we haven't been told it has been decided
differently, so we haven't changed it. We have some nice code, but no
crystal balls. We use whatever order the local community prefers, but
we do need to be told what that preference is.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644 -- Skype: a_engels