[Foundation-l] Fwd: [WikiEN-l] Bot policy for all wikis

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Wed May 28 21:50:52 UTC 2008

We do have a bot policy:

[[:meta:Bot policy]]

It is implemented in all small wikipedias I am active. Bot owners (in
theory) leave a request at a special bot page, if there are no objections
within a reasonable time (a week or so), the steward grants the bot
status. Once I had to report on meta and actually ask stewards to grant
the bot flag for some of the old requests on os.wp.

You may be sure the small wikis suffer much more when a bot can not get
the status since the list of recent changes becomes unusable - this is for
instance what is right now happening with the newly created wikis.

Cheers
Yaroslav