[Foundation-l] FYI: Welcome to this years Wikimania site: Egypt, the land with cultur ministers with special taste in history, culture and all the good things

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Thu May 22 21:53:53 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 9:48 PM, Michael Bimmler <mbimmler at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 9:09 PM, dex2000 <sir48 at lite.dk> wrote:
>> I sincerley think, that this is going much too far and that the most heavy
>> posters should be tranfered to another list or put on moderation. Their
>> spamming drowns the views of people worth reading.
>
> Well... I wouldn't put it as strictly as that, but it is true that the
> literature discussion is slowly moving to off-topicness... While I
> believe that all of you have interesting things to say about John
> Coetzee and Elfriede Jelinek (both writers whom I recently read and
> thus I'm somewhat interested in this topic), we should maybe get back
> to the topic at hand - if anything more can be said about it, that is
> ;-)

Filtering occasional off topic messages just by seeing the first
sentence is not so hard and such conversations may be interesting and
sometimes helpful, especially in calming the atmosphere. This list is
a communication channel for humans and humans communicate not only by
exchanging pure informations.