[Foundation-l] "seeall" privilege Was Fwd: [WL-News] Wikimedia Foundation in dangeroflosing immunity under the Communications Decency Act

John at Darkstar vacuum at jeb.no
Thu May 22 13:32:49 UTC 2008

If they can grant themselves the privilege, then it is no use of a new
user role. If the purpose is to avoid a situation where those users can
be said to edit in an editorial role, then it could possibly block some
cases whereby someone claims we don't get cover from section 230 of the CDA.

Other than that, I think it is wise to make any interference from
outside the communities as visual and transparent as possible. That
includes any interference from WMF into separate language projects on
Wikipedia. Wetter that means if Jimbo operates as steward on nowp to do
some work there, or if Eric does it as a admin or if Florence does it as
a regular user I don't really care. I know they do a good job anyhow.
What I do care about is if someone has invisible rights and may come and
go unnoticed.

If Jimbo, Eric or Florence wants to be admin on no.wp on a permanent
basis I guess we can put them up as candidates on the admin list and
they will have a lot of users voting for them! :D

John