[Foundation-l] Candidacy to the board of WMF

Cormac Lawler cormaggio at gmail.com
Mon May 19 18:33:16 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 1:44 AM, Florence Devouard <anthere at anthere.org>
wrote:

> Though it was a (very) difficult decision to make, I have decided not to
> be a candidate to the coming elections of the board of trustees of
> Wikimedia  Foundation as a community representative.

Ohhhh..

Florence - I cannot overstate what a difference you've made to this
community - and to me, personally. In your passionate dedication to the
projects, your tireless quest to move this organisation forward, and, more
than anything else, your profound humanity - you have always been my hero,
and I have absolutely no equivocation about saying that publicly! It was
nothing but a pleasure to work with you in the special projects committee,
and everything else we've overlapped on over the years. I'd like to echo all
that's been said above already, and join Lodewijk in not just a round of
applause, but a standing ovation.

:-) (or should that smiley be the other way round?)

Cormac