[Foundation-l] A Great Big Thank You to Florence! (Was Re: Candidacy to the board of WMF)

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Mon May 19 08:01:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 4:50 AM, Mike Godwin <mgodwin at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> I changed the subject header because it seems appropriate.
>
> Florence deserves an immense amount of credit and gratitude for her
> work in navigating the Foundation through its last two years of
> transition. I'm personally grateful to her for all the great work she
> has done, and for both the support and the critical eye she has
> offered in the course of this transition. I know that at times her
> position has been stressful, but, regardless of how hard the work has
> been, Florence unceasingly has dedicated herself 100 percent to the
> improvement of the Foundation and its projects, and to promoting the
> community and community values on which we all depend.

Hear, hear!

Florence, you have been the very model of a board member and board
chair. In your actions and opinions, I always recognised your wish to
support our mission, to promote the values Wikimedia stands for, in
short, to help our cause.
I would like to especially praise your compliment skills. Not only did
you go to great length to explain to the community what the board was
doing, why it was doing it (or why not) and that you would like input
on it, but you were also always available for discussions in IRC and
via private email, I remember many times when I was astonished how
fast I got an in-depth answer from you to n'importe quel question
j'avais, and for this, I would like to thank you very much, this is by
no means self-evident.

Je suis très heureux que tu quittes 'seulement' le comité et pas toute
le mouvement Wikimédia and I'm looking forward to continued
collaboration with you!

With my very best regards,

Michael

--