[Foundation-l] Fwd: [WL-News] Wikimedia Foundation in danger of losing immunity under the Communications Decency Act

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Mon May 19 00:22:51 UTC 2008

Jimmy Wales wrote:
> Delirium wrote:
>
>> In one notable
>> incident, a current member of the board (Erik) was de-sysopped by Jimmy
>> in April 2006 for unprotecting an article that a Foundation
>> representative had protected, though that protection had not been
>> labeled as an official Foundation action.
>>

> I did not de-sysop Erik, ever.  To the contrary, actually.
>
> Please be careful about making such dramatic claims.

My mistake; I completely misremembered who did what. Those interested in
the details can get the accurate summary from a contemporary edition of
the Wikipedia signpost:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2006-04-24/Office_actions

In any case, though, Erik *was* blocked and desysopped for undoing a
Foundation action, and people since then (especially with less stature
in the community) have been quite wary of ignoring or undoing Foundation
"suggestions".

-Mark