[Foundation-l] Board statement of responsibility

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Sun May 18 06:06:48 UTC 2008

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen wrote:
> Jimmy Wales wrote:
>
>> It is worth noting that this is a very preliminary draft and not
>> something the board is actively considering voting for at this time.
>> Therefore, a detailed discussion of very minor word-smithing is probably
>> going to be a waste of people's energy.  (Feel free to do it, I am just
>> saying that suggesting that a comma be moved, or that a provision be
>> changed in some minor ways is probably not really the best approach
>> right now.)
>>
>> What is probably going to be more helpful is a broad discussion of
>> principles and values.
>>
>> --Jimbo
>>

> Perhaps you could clarify what precisely was it that Florence
> Devouard and Kat Walsh voted against.

There was no vote. There was a draft non-disparagement agreement, which
was not in any way ready for the board to sign, and which we've already
had an extended discussion about on this list. Kat and Florence objected
to some of its contents. We're now reviewing an attempt at a different
approach, which at Florence's request merged that issue into a larger
document summarizing the commitments and responsibilities of board
members in a number of areas. What Florence has now shared is the first
draft of that document. We're not at a stage of voting on or signing
this either.

--Michael Snow