[Foundation-l] Board statement of responsibility

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Sat May 17 13:52:23 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> If you cannot say it here, I doubt it is reasonable to say it elsewhere and
> expect to be heard. If you want to polarise between those who are able to
> express themselves civilly and those that find they cannot., you can go into
> your own little corner and sulk. Strong opinions can be expressed without
> using strong words. The reason for strong opinions and civil words is to
> make sure that a message is heard and acted upon. When strong words are in
> the way of having the message heard, you are indeed talking into a vacuum
> and if that is on this other platform, then it is your option to be there
> and consequently not be heard.
> Thanks,
>      GerardM

There's also something to be said about keeping your thoughts concise
and to-the-point. Overly verbose people have the tendency of losing their
audience (who will then just agree because it was so long, it must be
right).

Several on this list could trim their posts before sending.

-Chad