[Foundation-l] Board statement of responsibility

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat May 17 12:11:37 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Some criticism is good some criticism is awful. We have seen concerted
attacks on the WMF and its officers by some who do not deserve to be named
or dare not to be named. When this is the criticism that is good, I prefer
to do without. It certainly does not improve the functioning of the WMF if
anything it polarises our community. As to evidence, the quality of what is
purported to be evidence can be best qualified as utter crap and.

There is a difference between criticism and smear and certainly when
criticism is spinned in order to assassinate the character of people one
disagrees with or does not like, it makes sense for the people who have to
know a lot of confidential information to function, to sign an agreement
that gives them a moral obligation to remain on the straight and narrow.
Thanks,
      GerardM