[Foundation-l] Board statement of responsibility

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat May 17 10:40:19 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 4:21 AM, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I prefer not to comment on it for now, but I would most strongly advise
> that you actually read that document and comment on it. I read with
> attention your feedback regarding the changes of the bylaws a few weeks
> ago and your unhappiness regarding the fact you were not asked to
> provide your input.
>
> I think the potential consequences of this document would actually far
> exceed the consequences of the bylaws changes, because the document
> represent the statement of agreement which would exist between the
> organization and individual board members.

Because this document is between the individual board members and the
organization, it's really none of my business whether or not you sign
it.  If you're asking for advice on what *you* should do, it'd help to
know how you currently feel about the document, as well as what
ethical system you have adopted to make the decision of whether or not
to sign it.  In any case, I'd point out that you're not going to be on
the board much longer anyway, so it seems to me the benefits of
signing are negligible, even if the rest of the board members threaten
to remove you from the board if you refuse to sign.

As for the other board members, one key question for them to consider
is whether or not a majority of the board is likely to expel all
members who refuse to sign.