[Foundation-l] Translation of the language names

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu May 15 00:18:48 UTC 2008

Hoi,
The Babel extension that is being developed in Betawiki has all these
languages translated into the native language. Also the name for the
language is initially retrieved from the CLDR standard. We will welcome your
help localising the Babel extension... We truly want it to become available
as a WMF extension :)

I am still puzzled what you want to use it for.. There are many projects
that have already done exactly this and many are available under a free
license as well..
Thanks,
      GerardM