[Foundation-l] Board elections: Weekly report for May 3 to May 10

Jesse Plamondon-Willard pathoschild at gmail.com
Sun May 11 02:50:33 UTC 2008

Hello,

This is a summary of the 2008 board elections for the week of May 3 to
10. For detailed information on the elections, see
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2008/en>.

==Timeline==
* We are accepting candidates between May 8th and 22nd inclusively.
There are currently two candidates.
* We're still looking for translators; the main translation phase
continues until 01 June 2008.

==Election rules==
The rules for candidates were slightly changed, centralizing
submissions and allowing changes until 22 May 2008 (previously no
changes were allowed after submission).
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2008/en?diff=989348&oldid=984583>

Two discussions are currently on hold while we examine technical feasibility:
* sending an official notification email to all eligible voters;
* the voting system.

==Translation==
For a detailed translation report, see translators-l:
<http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2008-May/000664.html>

==See also==
* detailed information: <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2008/en>
* ask a question: <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Board_elections/2008>