[Foundation-l] Fwd: A wiki where every article is a realmedicalcase

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Wed May 7 18:37:06 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> Philippe Beaudette wrote:
>  >> It is a wiki where every article is a real medical case. Basically,
>  >> the victims of diseases write the symptoms and upload interactive
>  >> media, and any medically interested person describes it.

I don't understand why people think that they need to create
special-purpose wikis for all sorts of specialized topics? If you want
to talk about medical cases, you could easily do a learning experiment
with it on Wikiversity, or write up case studies in book-form on
Wikibooks. You could create a book "Medical Case Studies" with
hundreds or even thousands of sub-pages for each case. If you're
married to the name "Wikisick", I'm sure you could name it that too.

The point is that we have plenty of space for this and other
single-subject ideas in our existing projects. I would love to see
this idea turn into a successful wikibook or wikiversity course. It's
pointless to make it a separate project, however.

--Andrew Whitworth