[Foundation-l] Dealing with interwiki disruption

mike.lifeguard mike.lifeguard at gmail.com
Tue May 6 15:47:24 UTC 2008

If you want better interwiki communication, then go do it. I can't agree
more with that goal, but to make it work, users (esp. admins and CUs) need
to go out and do it every day. For the most part, CUs /are/ doing this -
that's what our mailing list is for. For admins, there is #wikimedia-admin,
which is invite-only, but not hard to find someone to let you in. If you're
not on IRC, then there is also drini's daylog
(http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Drini/daylog) and the vandalism
noticeboard
(http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Vandalism_reports#Current_cross_wiki_vandali
sm).

Perhaps setting up an additional mailing list for admins involved cross-wiki
to mirror the IRC channel would be useful? The CUs have both, why not both
for admins too? Perhaps it'd be better to have it limited to members of SWMT
rather than just admins? That point might need more thought, but I think a
mailing list where this kind of info can be shared could well be useful
(more useful than #wikimedia-admin).

Mike.lifeguard