[Foundation-l] Cary Bass as "Wikimedia US Affiliates Coordinator"

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Mon May 5 17:07:28 UTC 2008

I'm curious, and maybe this is the wrong thread, but can someone explain to
me the difficulty in setting up a US organization that is essentially a
Wikimedia membership chapter? I get the issues with trademark ownership
(although it seems you could solve that with a license of some sort) and the
issue of diverting donations, but what are the other impediments if any? I
set up a non-profit corporation in high school, it didn't strike me as that
difficult at the time.

If this has been discussed at length, as I'm sure it has, on meta - could I
get the link as well?

thanks,

Nathan