[Foundation-l] Chapter-selected Board seats - brainstorming

Pharos pharosofalexandria at gmail.com
Sun May 4 02:23:25 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 7:27 PM, Dan Rosenthal <swatjester at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Besides, that's what
>  the chapter creation guide suggests. There's no reason not to create a
>  corporate entity that I can see.

The primary (if not only) reason we have separate copororate entities
internationally is because a US-based foundation can only create
affiliates within the US.

I can only see a huge waste of resources in creating 5 or 10 new
corporate entities in the US, when the one we have now works just
fine.

Thanks,
Pharos