[Foundation-l] Chapter-selected Board seats - brainstorming

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu May 1 12:33:16 UTC 2008

Hoi,
So far a chapter was created per jurisdiction; as the law of the Netherlands
is different from the law in Germany it is best to have one organisation set
up in this way if you want to make use of tax deduction and the like.

At this moment there are no sub-national chapters so this notion is
academic. It would make sense to have a US chapter in the first place. When
a particular chapter has proven itself, it makes sense to give it more
influence. The German chapter is well organised and has a lot of experience.
I would rate their contribution higher then a newly created chapter.

It is about getting the job done and get a decent job done. If it is only
about power, then I think this whole notion stinks.

Thanks,
     GerardM