[Foundation-l] Chapter-selected Board seats - brainstorming

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu May 1 12:19:56 UTC 2008

2008/5/1 effe iets anders <effeietsanders at gmail.com>:
> If we consider the chapter seats to be semi-community seats, I think
>  it makes sense to bring in some kind of relation with either the
>  number of members, or even better (but harder to regulate) the
>  activity of a chapter. There are a lot of chapters, and I think it
>  makes sense that only "active" chapters should have a say in this.
>  Otherwise that would only attract people to get a chapter just to be
>  able to vote. I think that is something to consider.

I agree, some kind of proportionality is probably required. If it's
one-chapter-one-vote then we also have issues with sub-national
chapters - should they get one vote per country or one vote per
chapter? I think it would be best to keep it proportional by some
measure. Financial turnover might be better than membership - it's not
so easy to pad out with inactive members.