No subject

Fri Mar 14 23:02:16 UTC 2008

For example, we had a long discussion about bot generated articles at
Volapuk Wikipedia. After a lot of talk, we came to the political
solution (much more people was at one side). However, it didn't solve
the problem. We still need answers for the questions raised there: (1)
Are bot edits valid as human edits are? (2) Are there some limits of
bots' usage? (3) Do we need conlang projects? -- I know *my* answers
to all of those questions, but there is no community consensus about
them as well as there is no any decision about those issues from some
Wikimedian body.

And "Proposal for radical cleanup of Volapuk Wikipedia" without a
solution produced two more similar requests: proposal for "radical
cleanup" of Polish Wikipedia, as well as proposal for limiting bots'
activities (worded something like "to stop abusing bots").

Again, today we don't have a body which would give answer to those
questions or which would rise a Wikimedia-wide referendum about those
questions.

I hope that I gave to you now a clear description about what do I mean
under the term "final authority".