[Foundation-l] Wikipedias by page views

Ziko van Dijk zvandijk at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 31 21:28:11 UTC 2008

Great, I will read it thoroughly. By the way, on en.WP there are already
some articles about Wikipedias by language, maybe a general article about
the multilingual side of WP could make sense, too.
In de.WP there are hardly articles about Wikipedias, due to the rule that we
don't like articles about the Wikipedia itself. But there is a small section
in the Wikipedia name domain about the Wikipedia.
Ziko

2008/3/31, Aude <audevivere at gmail.com>:

> I have it posted online (in more readable format) with other stuff I'm
> working on.  I'm still sorting out the numbers and writing this, as a
> possible topic of discussion at Wikimania:
>
> http://www.al-duroos.com/topics/index.php/Arabic_Wikipedia_essay#Appendix
>
> Having a page for some of the stats on meta would be helpful.
>
> -Aude
>

> On 3/31/08, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The graf of data at the bottom was sort of unreadable for me, but
> > it doesn't seem unreasonable to guess that while there are of
> > course many hundreds of millions more native Mandarin speakers
> > than English... many of these native speakers do not have regular
> > Internet access. The issue of development level and Internet freedom
> > impact South America, the Middle East and China among other areas
> > (to address the mentions of Spanish, Arabic and Mandarin languages).
> > In order to see if there is a true disparity of some sort, you'd need to
> > compare Wikipedians in each project as a portion of the native speakers
> > with free Internet access, not just a portion of the native speakers.
> >
> > Nathan
> >

> --
>
> Aude

Ziko van Dijk