[Foundation-l] Wikipedias by page views

Aude audevivere at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 20:28:44 UTC 2008

I have it posted online (in more readable format) with other stuff I'm
working on.  I'm still sorting out the numbers and writing this, as a
possible topic of discussion at Wikimania:

http://www.al-duroos.com/topics/index.php/Arabic_Wikipedia_essay#Appendix

Having a page for some of the stats on meta would be helpful.

-Aude

On 3/31/08, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> The graf of data at the bottom was sort of unreadable for me, but
> it doesn't seem unreasonable to guess that while there are of
> course many hundreds of millions more native Mandarin speakers
> than English... many of these native speakers do not have regular
> Internet access. The issue of development level and Internet freedom
> impact South America, the Middle East and China among other areas
> (to address the mentions of Spanish, Arabic and Mandarin languages).
> In order to see if there is a true disparity of some sort, you'd need to
> compare Wikipedians in each project as a portion of the native speakers
> with free Internet access, not just a portion of the native speakers.
>
> Nathan

Aude