[Foundation-l] A question for the Wikimania jury

Jason Safoutin jason.safoutin at wikinewsie.org
Mon Mar 31 19:57:02 UTC 2008

foundation-l-request at lists.wikimedia.org wrote:
> If you're interested in establishing a more regular North American or
> Europe-wide conference the for years when we don't have Wikimania in the
> area, then great! We can certainly use more local organization of this
> sort in the US, and at the Europe-wide level in addition to the numerous
> country-wide groups there.
>
> - -- brion vibber

Well that would be nice but would WMF pay for all these conferences? Who
would organize them other than one person? This isn't a task for one or
two people much less someone with no experience in doing so.

Last I heard the "Conference of The America's" is not happening. Why?
Not too sure why but if I cannot afford a trip to Buenos Aires or Egypt
I certainly cannot afford to make my own conference.

Jason Safoutin (DragonFire1024)