[Foundation-l] A question for the Wikimania jury

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 13:05:51 UTC 2008

On 31/03/2008, Judson Dunn <cohesion at sleepyhead.org> wrote:
>  I don't absolutely hate this choice, but I would love to see the
>  criteria get changed to something more along the lines of making it a
>  priority that the most *contributers* to the projects can attend.

As Wikimania is currently planned to have around 500 attendees, it
would be massive overkill to plan the location as if everyone
interested could attend if only it was within X km.

Aphaia suggests a US national conference. This still makes good sense.
We have not heard much about the Conference of the Americas for a
while... is it still happening?
Is it viable for the Toronto bid to be cannibalised a bit and turned
into a north America-focused event?

Given that our community is so large a single international event
every year cannot possibly hope to please even a majority of people.
Having regular regional events (such as continent or country based
events) makes sense to me.

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/