[Foundation-l] A question for the Wikimania jury

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 03:26:32 UTC 2008

That was most definitely not my implication -- all the bids were quite
welcome and were carefully considered. Rather:

a) there were four bids this year;
b) the jury chose what they felt was the best one, according to the
list of criteria on meta
(http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2009/Judging_criteria, which
lists cost of travel for attendees and rotation as two points to
consider out of a total of fourteen) and the reasons listed in the
announcement letter;
c) since the bid that was chosen was from South America, bids from
other locations are most welcome for the next conference.

Nothing more, nothing less. Since according to the ground rules of our
bidding system, places that do not bid are not considered, this last
point is after all rather obvious.

-- phoebe