[Foundation-l] Advertisement and service at the same time

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 16:31:18 UTC 2008

> White Cat wrote:

>  >  Joke aside, what kind of an advertisement
>  > would we put on an article on the second world war or a pharaoh from ancient
>  > Egypt.

> Just for discussion purposes, the two ads I see on google right now for
>  "World War II" are for the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, and
>  for World War II History magazine.

A more apposite example might be answers.com, which uses the Wikipedia text:

* a picture ad for "Free Lotto!" where "Everyone WINS!!"
* a picture ad for a mobile phone plan
* a picture ad for "£500/month off your mortgage" from a builder
* a banner ad for a historical castle at the bottom of the (very long) page.

None particularly relevant to the text, only the first struck me as
particularly annoying and distasteful.

- d.