[Foundation-l] Ads and monobook

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 20:55:55 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 7:44 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
>  When adverts in languages like Serbian, Russian or Bengali do not get us the
>  revenues that are reasonable, we could look for a local partner that does a
>  better job for us.

We could, but it would likely cost more to hire people to do that than
those sites would bring in. I'm very doubtful that volunteers would
want to handle ad sales. Ad sales staff are extremely expensive and I
don't think the traffic to our wikis in Serbia etc justify that cost,
particularly when it's not necessary if ads on the English Wikipedia
alone would bring in enough money to meet the current budget.

Angela