[Foundation-l] Restricting Appointed members (Proposal).

Henning Schlottmann h.schlottmann at gmx.net
Thu Mar 20 19:32:08 UTC 2008

Geoffrey Plourde wrote:

> I see where you are going but respectfully disagree on most points. Without a community of editors, there would be no Foundation. I do not care what goal or ideal you try to pull up, it would not happen.

Please take a look at the bylaws: The wikis are just means to the
purpose of the Foundation. The mission is to further free knowledge. And
pretty soon the WMF will be much more then the hoster of Wikipedia.

> I am simply stating the majority of the Board should be drawn from the Electorate. Where we see eye to eye is that the Electorate should be clearly defined.

You are claiming that there is such a thing as an Electorate. But WMF is
a non-membership foundation.

Ciao Henning