[Foundation-l] Advertisements ?

Florence Devouard anthere at anthere.org
Thu Mar 20 18:58:50 UTC 2008

Jimmy Wales wrote:
 > I take no sides in this discussion, but I would just like to note
that this last bit is not really true.  In the unlikely event that the
Foundation decided to take advertising in some limited fashion on the
search results page or similar (and I should note that this is an
interesting discussion in the community, but not something the board is
actively interested in or considering at all) it would be quite simple
to accept only pre-approved ads, and to mark them quite clearly as not
part of the content, etc.

 > There are grave and legitimate concerns about what accepting
advertising would do to the perception of neutrality of Wikipedia, but
it is worth noting that worst case scenarios are easily avoidable.

Hmmm. Who would deal with the advertisements in Russian language from
Russian companies ?

Ant