[Foundation-l] Ads and monobook

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 12:51:28 UTC 2008

Let's assume projects can opt-out, and this must be approved
by the Board (as they are ultimately responsible for fiscal
matters). For the sake of arguments, let's pretend enwiki came
to a fairly clear consensus that they wished to opt-out of WMF
ads. Wouldn't this basically kill the entire ads cash-cow right
there?

Now, continuing this scenario, I can imagine the Board would
probably reject an opt-out from the largest project. This begs
the question: does the Foundation see all projects in an
equal light?

-Chad