[Foundation-l] Ads and monobook

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 11:51:10 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Having individual people opt out of ads is no problem. You can already do
this by including add stoppers in your browser. This is no issue.

When projects opt out, it means that they are not part of the solution. In
the past the question was asked what the consequences would be for a project
that opts out. When opt out for projects are accepted, one modifier would be
to have another skin that is free of adverts, it not being the default skin.

The biggest question that nobody is asking is, what would the technical
requirements be for an add provider. We could consider things like
completely anonymous adds ie the same adds for everyone on the same page.
Maybe with a modifier for the language selected by a user..
Thanks,
    GerardM