[Foundation-l] Volunteer Council - A shot for a resolution

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Mar 16 09:28:34 UTC 2008

Dan Rosenthal wrote:
> I have no real problems with the resolution version, but why does the
> resolution version not sync up with the main Wikicouncil page on Meta?
> I think the two should be properly in sync with each other before the
> Resolution goes through, i.e., noting on the main wikicouncil page on
> meta that there will be a VC and a PVC, and that the PVC is the
> resolution, and everything for the VC is still up in the air.

This is an evolving situation, and much of the recent evolution happened
on the talk page, and after the resolution was introduced, on this
thread.  I acknowledge that this procedure may be a little backwards by
comparison with the way many things happen on Wikipedia policy pages
where any decisions arising on the talk page and other derived pages are
brought together on the Wikipedia: page itself.

The PVC proposal removes no proposal from the table; neither does it
activate any of them in any substantial way.  I don't think that any
meanigful sync process is possible until the PVC has reported, and the
Board has acted on it.  I hope it at least helps that I have made the
link to the resolution page a little more prominent on the Wikicouncil page.

Ec