[Foundation-l] Bridgeman v. Corel worldwide for Wikimedia Commons

Mike Godwin mgodwin at wikimedia.org
Sat Mar 15 17:46:35 UTC 2008

Michael Snow writes:

> I'm not offering a legal opinion on the underlying issue, but if I
> follow the discussion correctly it shows absolutely no reason to think
> Mike has "overruled" Erik on anything. The statement from Mike that is
> being pointed to is about a different question entirely.

Not only have I not "overruled" Erik on any issue, so far as I know,
but I feel certain that I don't really have the power to do so. I
advise Erik and the rest of the staff and the board, and, while I'm in
charge of the legal department within WMF, that department itself is
under the supervision of WMF top management.

That said, I think Michael Snow's characterization here is correct.

--Mike