[Foundation-l] Volunteer Council - A shot for a resolution

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Fri Mar 14 15:18:04 UTC 2008

We can and we do. For instance, we reqire several years of active
participation. For the Council, we even require two years of participation
for the voters.

As for the Maltese guy elected by his sockpuppets - I guess nobody really
suggested that. And if the guy is able to negociate with all other
eligible voters from smaller projects - let him be elected, why not. He
will be the representative.

Btw when I am talking about smaller projects, given the projected size of
50 members, this would probably be all Wikipedias below ten 20 or so. And
a representative of a smaller Wikipedia is just an example - I would also
advocate, for instance, a similar system for all Wn projects having one
representative.

Cheers,
Yaroslav